[PEAK] OT: Hurricane (was Re: Packaging peak apps)

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun Sep 26 22:53:46 EDT 2004

At 07:29 PM 9/25/04 +0200, Roché Compaan wrote:
>* Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> [2004-09-25 17:10]:
> > I don't have time to investigate further right now, though, as I'm packing
> > up to evacuate from the path of Hurricane Jeanne.  I don't know when I'll
> > be back online.
>
>Yikes, where does she come from. Last I heard it was Hurricane Ivan.

Actually they're up to Karl and Lisa now; so far our house was in the path
of both Frances and Jeanne.  Karl and Lisa are currently "no threat to
land", however.

>Anyway keep well and stay safe.

Things went very well; we didn't lose as many shingles as we did from
Frances, and the power was back on in less than 24 hours, which is
absolutely amazing.  The wife and I went down to Miami and stayed in a
hotel though, rather than in the house this time.

Anyway, so here I am, back in the house, with power, air conditioning, a
refridgerator, and Internet, feeling *very* lucky indeed.  For hurricane
Frances just three weeks ago, we were without those "simple luxuries" for a
few days.