[PEAK] Packaging peak apps

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Sat Sep 25 09:29:38 EDT 2004

* Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> [2004-09-23 16:07]:
> At 01:22 AM 9/23/04 -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> >Unfortunately, this is only the first of two obstacles to getting PEAK
> >lazy modules to work with zipimport and py2exe.  The next step is getting
> >zipimport to not create a new module object when the module already
> >exists; i.e., getting it to follow the updated PEP 302 guidelines for
> >reload().  Once that's done, it should work correctly for PEAK lazy
> >imports, but not for actual reloading, which is a whole 'nother kettle of
> >fish.
>
> Actually, I misspoke on this; it seems that the C API zipimport uses to
> create the module will actually use the existing module object if
> possible.  So, with the reload() fixes I've already committed, it should be
> possible to use PEAK lazy modules with zipimport and py2exe.
>
> This means Python 2.3.5, and the next beta of Python 2.4.  I don't know
> when if 2.3.5 is planned, but 2.4b1 is scheduled for mid-October.

That's a relief to hear. I suppose I can recompile Python in the mean
time if I have MS Visual C?

I am still concerened that it might not be the only problem since I got
an import error even though interfaces.pyc was present in peak.binding:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "run.py", line 2, in ?
   File "peak\running\commands.pyc", line 4, in ?
   File "peak\running\interfaces.pyc", line 3, in ?
ImportError: No module named interfaces

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za