[PEAK] Packaging peak apps

Roché Compaan roche at upfrontsystems.co.za
Wed Sep 8 03:25:42 EDT 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 01:51 PM 9/7/04 +0200, Roché Compaan wrote:
>
>> Hi there
>>
>> I have a client that insists on not having any source distributed for
>> a proprietary application that we have written for them in PEAK and
>> wanted to know if it is at all possible to work around the import
>> problems with PEAK when using py2exe to package a PEAK app.
>

> Have you tried the latest py2exe?  Apparently version 0.5 uses Python
> 2.3's "import from zipfile" facility, so it seems like it should be
> compatible with PEAK's import facility (although I haven't tried it
> myself).

No, it doesn't work but I think that's might be due to the bug in
"reload". I still get:

C:\integrator\dist>run
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "run.py", line 2, in ?
   File "peak\running\commands.pyc", line 4, in ?
   File "peak\running\interfaces.pyc", line 3, in ?
ImportError: No module named interfaces

I'm not so sure it is just due to a bug in reload. py2exe puts
everything in library.zip and sets sys.path to library.zip. So I thought
I could fool it and unzip the content of library.zip to a directory
named library.zip and it looks like it worked - my script runs. But, it
still fails with the above error.

--
Roché Compaan
Upfront Systems                 http://www.upfrontsystems.co.za