[PEAK] docstring ambiguity

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Oct 20 21:42:24 EDT 2004

I'm trying to figure out the next bug in my app, and in the
course of that I had reason to look at the docstring of
preloadState to try to confirm it was supposed to return
what I thought it was supposed to return.  I think it is,
but the docstring is a bit ambiguous:

def preloadState(oid, state):
    """Pre-load 'state' for object designated by 'oid' and return it"""

It is not clear what "it" refers to (oid, state, or the object).
Logically, since the other two are passed in, it is mostly likely
'the object' (which is what I thought it was), but it might
be worth disambiguating this.

--David