[PEAK] Need help interpreting traceback

R. David Murray rdmurray at bitdance.com
Wed Oct 20 01:51:03 EDT 2004

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Well, judging by what's shown, the error is in finding the 'Accounts'
> attribute, which appears to be a binding.Obtain() on a
> 'DMFor(Account)'.  So, the question is, in what component are you
> *offering* the 'DMFor(Account)', and how is it that that component would
> come to be a parent of the one doing the lookup?  Because, apparently, the
> 'loadacctsCmd' object does not have any parents that offer a DMFor(Account).

I have this on my Commands(commands.Bootstrap) class:

        Accounts = binding.Make('fcgbilling.storage.AccountDM',
                offerAs=[storage.DMFor(Account)])

loadacctsCmd is a commands.AbstractCommand that is called from there...or
I thought it was.  Maybe I missunderstood.  Aren't the subcomands
config children of the app object?  The start of my script/ini looks like this:

i#!/usr/bin/env peak runIni

[peak.running]
app = importString("fcgbilling.commands:Commands")

[peak.running.shortcuts]
* = commands.NoSuchSubcommand
createdb = importString('fcgbilling.commands.createdbCmd')
viewacct = importString('fcgbilling.commands.viewacctCmd')
loadaccts = importString('fcgbilling.commands.loadacctsCmd')
listaccts = importString('fcgbilling.commands.listacctsCmd')