[PEAK] PWT: layout, macros, parameters, etc.

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Oct 20 01:28:58 EDT 2004

At 04:52 PM 10/19/04 -0400, Duncan McGreggor wrote:

>On Oct 19, 2004, at 3:15 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>
>>I've now finished most everything I planned for peak.web this month,
>>except for the sitemap parser (the raw sitemap functionality is
>>implemented, just not the parser to activate the functionality from XML)
>>and the advanced facilities of the next-generation PWT language.

>This promises to be quite interesting! I am greatly looking forward to
>experimenting with what you produce...

Don't get your hopes up too high.  ;)  In October I'm only targeting "tier
1" features: ones that will permit creation of static site generation
applications.  It'll be used for things like a documentation generation
tool, a static blogsite generator, and a bookmark indexer.  It won't be
until the "tier 2" features (forms, menus, authentication, and limited i18n
support) are in place that it'll become suitable for "real" web applications.