[PEAK] Anybody using 'running.IRerunnableCGI'?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Oct 7 20:48:56 EDT 2004

At 09:32 PM 10/5/04 -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>Now that PEP 333 is stabilizing, I'd like to ditch IRerunnableCGI in favor
>of an 'IWSGIApplication' interface basd on PEP 333.  In the process, I'll
>be wanting to refactor all of PEAK's commands and containers that use
>IRerunnableCGI to use the new interface.
>
>For most of these, I could possibly write an adapter from IWSGIApplication
>to IRerunnableCGI, and then just deprecate IRerunnableCGI until the next
>release, but I'd rather not bother with maintaining the backward
>compatibility if nobody's using it.

Sorry, false alarm.  We're keeping IRerunnableCGI after all.  It turned out
when I actually got into the code, it made perfect sense to keep
IRerunnableCGI around for the subsystems (apart from WSGIServer) that used
it before, as they are fundamentally CGI-based.  So, I just wrote the
adapter and made everything else use IWSGIApplication.