[PEAK] More event questions

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Nov 12 01:44:20 EST 2004

At 03:26 PM 11/11/04 -0800, Chad Rosenberg wrote:

>Is it safe to use runUntil from a call originating from reactor.callLater?

Not with the same reactor instance.

>I thought this would eliminate nested runUntils, but I am still getting
>Unexpected reactor exits.  Any insights?

Yes.  Stop using runUntil().  I haven't seen any examples or explanations
from you that show you actually need it for anything.  'runUntil()' is
intended for a top-level event loop.  Code that is inside an event loop
should not use it unless you need a nested event loop.  If you can explain
why you need a nested event loop, I'll help you figure out how to get it
accomplished.

Most likely, however, whatever you're trying to do will more easily be
accomplished by yielding to an event, or setting an event callback.