[PEAK] Subversion (was Re: The road to PyProtocols 1.0)

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sun May 30 14:23:45 EDT 2004

At 01:56 PM 5/30/04 -0400, Bob Ippolito wrote:

>The Subversion client is absolutely painless to install (a few clicks), at
>least on Win32 and OS X (with Martin Ott's statically linked
>binaries).  It compiles easily elsewhere (just make sure to configure
>--with-ssl, even though it doesn't show up in ./configure --help).  I
>suggest you go ahead and install it anyway, because more and more projects
>are using it these days.  I'm surprised you don't have it already, because
>Twisted moved to Subversion some time ago (about the same time as PyCon).

My mentor in programming told me to always prefer what he called "one year
old technology" - new enough for some competitive advantage, but old enough
to have the worst bugs fixed.  Subversion isn't quite there yet for me.  :)

Ah well, I guess I'll have to learn it eventually.  I'm downloading the
source now to compile for Cygwin, since there doesn't seem to be a Cygwin
package available.