[PEAK] protocols question

Gabriel Jägenstedt gabriel.j at telia.com
Mon Mar 29 10:13:44 EST 2004

On Mon, 29 Mar 2004 09:44:16 -0500
"Phillip J. Eby" <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:

> Food is a class.  It does not provide IEdible, and you have not
> defined any adapters from it to IEdible.

If I use classProvides I still get the same error, as well as when I do
adapt(IEdible, Food())

I don't understand what you mean really, what would I need in food for
it to support IEdible, it's obviously not enough with advise. Do I have
to play around with conform or something?

I'm actually following the examples you gave me like a month ago, but it
simply doesn't work.
It bugs me that I could easily write something dealing with different
types, yet I'm having a hard time getting a class to provide a protocol,
I can't see what the problem is.

--
//gabriel - a true believer