[PEAK] __main__.PEAK_CONFIG

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Mar 10 13:34:12 EST 2004

At 09:19 PM 3/9/04 -0800, John Landahl wrote:
>I'm trying to use the __main__.PEAK_CONFIG feature so that settings in a
>package-level .ini file get loaded before any of the application classes
>are instantiated.  As a quick test I copied /usr/bin/peak and added a
>PEAK_CONFIG variable set to config.fileNearModule('foo', 'foo.ini').
>Strangely, the main class (a subclass of EventDriven loaded through the
>ZConfig shortcut) won't run with __main__.PEAK_CONFIG set.  If I comment
>out the definition it runs as expected.
>
>Does this sound like a bug, or am I using this feature incorrectly?

I don't know, but:

 >>> from peak.api import *
 >>> PEAK_CONFIG = 'test.test'
 >>> config.lookup(config.makeRoot(),'__main__.PEAK_CONFIG')
'test.test'

appears to work for me.  Have you checked that PEAK_CONFIG is equal to what
you think it is?

Also, when you say it "won't run", that's not very specific.  :)