[PEAK] priority of the exceptionals VS readables and writables

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jul 27 15:15:21 EDT 2004

At 08:55 PM 7/27/04 +0300, Yaroslav Samchuk wrote:

>So, being guided by our practise, it could be fine to change the
>implemtation of the `peak.events.io_events:Selector.monitor` method to fire
>exceptionals before readables and writables.

It's now done in CVS.

As a side note, I'm beginning to like Eclipse even more...  to make this
change, I basically did a couple of quick clicks to search the entire PEAK
source for references to 'rwe' to decide on a strategy, then edit the two
lines involved.  Then I said, "show me what I'm about to commit", and
Eclipse offered to change to the "Team Synchronizing" perspective, which
offers tools for exploring the diffs, including a button to commit the
changes.  I type in the comment and I'm done.

Not that I didn't do those things before, it's just that the process was so
seamless compared to the constant switching between editor windows and
command shells that I used to do.  It just feels more...  natural, somehow.