[PEAK] exception readers

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Jul 16 17:32:43 EDT 2004

At 11:07 PM 7/16/04 +0300, Yaroslav Samchuk wrote:
>The project, which is developed by our team is using OOB data for
>pinging between client and server. We had patched reactor to implement
>exception (OOB data) readers there. May be it could be convenient to
>implement this kind of readers in generic untwisted reactor or you are
>trying to make it compatible with Twisted, which, as far as I understand,
>doesn't implement this kind of readers?

The "untwisted reactor" is the wrong entity to use if you want to be able
to use OOB data.  You want to use something like:

     yield eventLoop.exceptional(stream); events.resume()

in a task, or else use 'eventLoop.exceptional(stream)' as an event source.

However, this will *not* be compatible with Twisted, unless you can supply
a patch for peak.events.twisted_support.Selector that will allow
that.  (Currently, there's an XXX comment denoting where this would have to
go.)