[PEAK] Persistence styles, MDA, AOP, PyProtocols, and PEAK

Dominikus Herzberg dominikush at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 15 12:43:54 EDT 2004

Dear Phillip,

I read your very interesting posting about "[PEAK] Persistence styles, MDA,
AOP, PyProtocols, and PEAK" -- thank you very much for your stimulating
thoughts. I'm very curious to see your ideas implemented in PEAK!

What I didn't really get was the part about AOP and generic functions and
multiple dispatch, respectively. Is it that you understand generic functions
as some sort of replacement or substitute for AOP? (You referred to a web
page and AspectJ.) I don't clearly see the relation. Could you help me
here?

Best regards,

Dominikus