[PEAK] Anybody using reactors?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jan 14 11:35:36 EST 2004

At 06:07 PM 1/14/04 +0200, alexander smishlajev wrote:

>yes, that's what we needed.  we made our own reactor (heir of
>UntwistedReactor) with the following additions:
>
>* exit MainLoop when there are no readers, writers or laters,
>
>* additional readers for TCP exceptions (third list in select()
>parameters), to receive out-of-band data.

Perhaps I should add a method to events.ISelector to support this.

>* ability to remove sheduled procedures from the laters list

I'm curious how this use case would be handled with 'peak.events'.  I
haven't yet felt a strong need for it myself, obviously, else I'd have
added it to UntwistedReactor.  Do you have a sample usage or kinds of usage
that I could see, so I could see how I'd write it with peak.events, and
make sure it's still tractable?