[PEAK] Changing installation location (was re: PEAK CVS vs. ZODB CVS :: [pP]ersistence :: Round 1, Fight!)

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sun Feb 22 13:08:59 EST 2004

On Feb 22, 2004, at 12:59 PM, Ulrich Eck wrote:

>>> for pyprotocols i would use the common way of installing a package,
>>> cause i think it's audience is much wider than peak's. a "suspicious,
>>> undocumented" way of installing would imho not help pyprotocols to
>>> get
>>> popular.
>>
>> I would imagine that people are used to seeing pth files, since PIL
>> and
>> Numeric both use them.
>>

> sure .. but it's only one, probably unique package .. so why bother ?
>
> just my 2 cents ..
>
> i'm happy with both solutions

Sorry for the confusion, I was disagreeing with "suspicious,
undocumented".. I think the PyProtocols installation process is fine
as-is.  The fact that it is undocumented is a bug (
http://python.org/sf/901727 ), it was documented at some point in a
file called USAGE.txt, which is no longer around.

-bob