[PEAK] start of an error template, and a few questions

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Feb 11 12:13:04 EST 2004

At 10:51 AM 2/11/04 -0600, wayne at larsen.st wrote:
> > At 12:31 AM 2/11/04 -0600, Wayne Larsen wrote:
> >>Here's the start of an error template to be used while debugging.  A few
> >>questions I encountered:
> >>  * My emacs ~ files threw me for a loop for a while - ResourceDirectory
> >> won't find the template with the ~ file in the directory - is there any
> >> way to exclude ~ files from being seen?
> >
> > What does the filename look like?  Is it with a trailing '~'?  Maybe I
> > need
> > to add a way to exclude a pattern from consideration.
> >
>Yes - "error_404.pwt~"

Okay.  For now, I'd say to work around it by replacing the 'filenames'
binding in a subclass of ResourceDirectory with a binding that filters '~'
names from the filenames.  I'll look at adding some kind of filtering
operation later, I'm just not sure how it should work without some other
(i.e. non-emacs) examples.

>Now this is a non critical system that I am working with in my spare time,
>so I am willing to work with an alpha system.  On the other hand, there's
>no way I'll be able to make any kind of progress without some assistance
>from you.  So my question to you then - is it valuable/useful to you if I
>keep plugging away at this, bringing up issues, questions, bug reports?

Yes, definitely.  Due to my "day job" commitments I will not always be able
to provide timely code changes, but I can certainly answer questions, make
suggestions, offer workarounds, etc.