[PEAK] peak.web bug - permission check for resource fails

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Feb 9 21:47:01 EST 2004

At 06:45 PM 2/9/04 -0600, wayne at larsen.st wrote:

>When adding an error template to the resources directory, I encountered
>the following exception.  It looks like permission.of expects a type,
>where it is getting an instance.   I maybe should not use the word bug, as
>it very well be something I'm doing wrong.

Hmm, looks like peak.security permissions don't support classic
classes.  Switch to a new-style class for now; I'll look into it in more
detail later.  It's entirely possible there are problems besides the
weak-reference issue as well.

By the way, I've just checked in changes today that make it easier to do
"resource-publishing" style of apps with peak.web.  You might take a look
at peak.ddt.web_runner for some inspiration.  It's now the first official
'peak.web' application that does more than "Hello world".