[PEAK] PEAK under windows 2.3

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Feb 3 12:35:57 EST 2004

At 11:20 AM 2/3/04 -0600, wayne at larsen.st wrote:

>Question 1: Does anybody run peak under cygwin with python 2.3?  It runs
>fine for me in that environment, except I notice an unusually long startup
>delay?  For example, just running "peak" on the command line takes 5
>seconds before it spits out the usage message.  This where it comes back
>almost right away on my linux box.

Interesting.  Have you tried profiling it?

>Question 2: Is it possible to get peak running under Windows Python 2.3?
>Compiling, I get errors like the following, for the extensions buffer_gap,
>_Code, and _speedups.
>
>Thanks,
>Wayne
>

>D:\src\python\win\PEAK>gcc -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Ic:\Python23\include -c
>src/peak/util/buffer_gap.cpp -o buffer_gap.o >
>out.txt
>src/peak/util/buffer_gap.cpp: In function `int
>    __pyx_f_6Buffer___setslice__(PyObject*, int, int, PyObject*)':
>src/peak/util/buffer_gap.cpp:726: invalid conversion from `void**' to `const
>    void**'
>src/peak/util/buffer_gap.cpp: At global scope:
>src/peak/util/buffer_gap.cpp:1408: invalid conversion from `int
>(*)(PyObject*,
>    int, char**)' to `int (*)(PyObject*, int, const char**)'

That looks odd, to say the least.  Where'd you get '.cpp' files from?  PEAK
source ships with '.c' files only.  Do you have Pyrex installed?  If so,
what version?  And why are you running gcc from the command prompt, anyway,
instead of using 'setup.py' to build?