[PEAK] Towards a GUI facility for PEAK

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Dec 22 12:12:53 EST 2004

At 05:56 PM 12/22/04 +0200, Niki Spahiev wrote:
>I hope that my code is better than my words :)
>
>This is minimal ctypes based demo. test_calc.py is UI with selftest. Its
>completely UI independent.

Nice.  There actually is some minor coupling from my POV, in that Action
and InitAll receive 'view' and perform actions on it.  In the ideal
situation, InitAll would be replaced by e.g an events.Value subscribed to
by the GUI.  And I'd tie the buttons to methods rather than using the
100+digit ID values, since if I understand correctly, those IDs have to be
chosen to suit the GUI layer.

Indeed, I'd do away with 'Action' and 'InitAll' altogether, because they're
both artifacts of the GUI.  But apart from that, yes, this is very similar
to the concept I proposed here.