[PEAK] Upgrading required Python version

alexander smishlajev alex at ank-sia.com
Tue Dec 21 02:50:06 EST 2004

Phillip J. Eby wrote, at 21.12.2004 9:09:

>>> I'm thinking about bumping the version of Python required for
>>> PyProtocols and PEAK.  Does anybody besides me actually still use 2.2?
>>
>> our company uses 2.3.
>
> 2.3.4, or an earlier version?  I'm going to want to pin down a specific
> minor release.

2.3.4, and will upgrade to 2.3.5 as soon as it appears.  (unless we
upgrade to 2.4. first, of course.)

> Ideally, if it's 2.3, I'd like to go for 2.3.5 (as yet unreleased) so
> that the reload-from-zip issue can be addressed, thus making it possible
> to use py2exe on PEAK apps.

other than these fixes in import machinery, i don't believe there will
be major incompatibilities between 2.3.4 and 2.3.5, will they?

changing our distribution from source-based approach described on
http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/DistributePeakApplications to
py2exe was one of our plans for 2.4 upgrade.

best wishes,
alex.