[PEAK] bulletins example OF DOOM

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Apr 9 19:46:44 EDT 2004

At 07:09 PM 4/9/04 -0400, Stephen Waterbury wrote:
>Continuing the saga ... there seems to be some problem with
>the SQL types, but I couldn't track this one down (I guess
>something to do with the note in HISTORY about a change to
>the way SQL connection objects get their type converters?).

No, it's an issue with the DBAPI module, as you can see below:

>AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'DATE'

Check the 'supportedTypes' list you've defined (or inherited).  It seems
you've subclassed from a connection type for a Postgres driver with a
'DATE' type, but the driver you're using either doesn't support it, or
calls it something else.  (Welcome to the wonderful world of Python DBAPI
implementations.)