[TransWarp] installation of PEAK disables latest ZODB

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Sep 29 22:36:09 EDT 2003

At 03:35 PM 9/29/03 -0400, Steven D. Arnold wrote:

>This seems to have happened because PEAK replaces Persistence.py with a
>version from an earlier version of Zope (if I recall correctly from the PEAK
>docs).
>
>If PEAK is going to use a specific version of the Zope modules, perhaps it
>would be better to place those copies under the PEAK namespace so it doesn't
>overwrite different versions installed by Zope.

That would make it impossible to use PEAK with Zope's copy of ZODB, I'm afraid.

>   Or perhaps there's some
>other way to solve this problem?  For now, ZODB is necessary for my app and
>PEAK isn't, so I have the unhappy necessity of uninstalling PEAK.  Does
>anyone have a better suggestion?

Reinstall ZODB, it should overwrite the modules that PEAK installed.

Note that the installation docs state that PEAK will not install its
Zope-compatibility modules if it detects that Zope 3 is installed.  It does
so by testing for the presence of the 'zope.component' package.  So, if you
install Zope 3 (or at least a zope.component package), you can install PEAK
without overwriting the ZODB modules.