[TransWarp] ZConfig include files are not closed

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Sep 10 15:28:26 EDT 2003

At 09:35 PM 9/10/03 +0300, alexander smishlajev wrote:
>hello!
>
>it appears that ZConfig never explicitely closes it's main files - schema
>definition and the configuration file.  these files are closed by garbage
>collector when corresponding resources go out of scope.

Interesting.  I looked at this a little; basically 'BaseLoader.loadURL()'
closes the resource it creates, but none of the other methods that open
resources close them.

>the problem is with config includes: if there is an '%include' directive,
>then neither included file nor the main config is collected by gc.  both
>files remain open while the application is active.  so we have to shut
>down the server before we can edit it's configuration.
>
>best wishes,
>alex.
>
>ps.  i am not sure if such info is on the topic of this list.  although
>peak.load_zconfig is involved in the process, it is not guilty as far as i
>understand.  i beg your pardon if ZConfig issues shouldn't be discussed here.

Not a problem, although in this case it's a Zope3-Dev issue.  I'm
crossposting my reply so that if anybody objects to me fixing this in Zope
3 CVS, they can let me know.  :)