[PEAK] peak questions

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Nov 17 16:38:46 EST 2003

At 07:39 PM 11/17/03 +0100, Christophe Vigny wrote:
>i am using acrobat 5,  I just try with acrobat 6 and it work !
>Very good introduction :)
>
>I am evalutating solution to rewrite classical client server applications,
>i thought a lot off Gnue.org
>but do you thing peak can do it, and when ?

PEAK is not complete, and will not be for quite a while.  Most likely, GNUe
will stay ahead of us in their targeted application area, since they have
both more existing progress and more developers.

>I think that peak is more versatile, but there's no Gui part to do object
>edition.

One of the list regulars, Ulrich Eck, has created a GUI framework based on
PEAK; you might ask him about it.

>by the way it's a cool project because it use the most recent concept
>of  programming technologie.
>
>How many programmer are working on the framework?

If by "working on", you mean "actively developing the framework", that
would just be me.  Ty Sarna has also contributed many modules and tools, as
well as providing lots of input to my design decisions.  If by "working
on", you mean "using", then there are plenty more people such as Ulrich,
Alexander, Radek, and John who are building things based on the framework,
and are participants here and on the IRC channel.

>Is it a gpl product ?

It is dual-licensed under two GPL-compatible licenses, the PSF and ZPL
licenses (Python and Zope).  So, it is GPL-compatible but not GPL-encumbered.