[TransWarp] debian control files for peak

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed May 14 13:21:49 EDT 2003

At 12:17 PM 5/14/03 +0200, Ulrich Eck wrote:
>Debian Control files are similar to rpm-spec files.
>
>they define the available packages with descriptions
>as well as copyright, build-instructions for target
>python-versions and platforms as well as dependencies.
>
>they need to be in the <package-to-be-built>/debian
>directory for the build-system to work (4 - 6 text-files).

Does that mean that I'd add a 'debian' directory adjacent to 'src'?

>if you don't want to have them in your source-tree
>i'm fine with maintaining them bymyself. i haven't
>yet contributed to the debian-distribution but i
>expect it would be fairly useful for other people
>if they would be available for download or put
>into the package-tree.
>
>let me know what you think or if you wanna have
>a look at them to decide what to do.

In principle I think this would be acceptable, as long as you're listed as
the "maintainer", and Ty and I are listed as the authors and "upstream
maintainers", if I'm understanding the Debian jargon correctly.  Also,
please make sure the copyright info correctly credits the third-party
packages included with PEAK.

Go ahead and e-mail me the files directly (i.e. not to the list).  Thanks.