[TransWarp] fmtparse - recursive grammar

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jun 26 16:15:18 EDT 2003

At 10:04 PM 6/26/03 +0300, alexander smishlajev wrote:
>Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>>I found a simpler way to fix the issue, and have checked it in.
>
>thank you.
>
>we found that Rule and Epsilon classes haven't got the third argument to
>getOpening().  this breaks Repeat() without explicit separator.

Fixed in CVS.

>the following example parses simple function-like boolean expressions. if
>there is something wrong with it, i would appreciate your comments.

My intent for fmtparse is that it should be usable with 'peak.model' to
create AST types, similar to the way URL fields are parsed.  Right now,
it's not really usable, due to bugs and various bits of awkwardness in the
constructions.  For example, there is not a good way to define union types,
in order to say that an Expression can be a AndOr or a
Comparison.  Unfortunately, this is still a low priority for me; the URL
work was all that fmtparse really needs to do for PEAK at present.  When/if
there is need for PEAK to parse more sophisticated things, I hope to be
able to fix this.