[TransWarp] ZConfig and MS-like file paths

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jul 15 12:04:33 EDT 2003

At 05:46 PM 7/15/03 +0300, alexander smishlajev wrote:
>to step aside from the discussion on what is and what is not a valid file
>url, may it be possible to use 'supportedSchemes' to construct the re
>pattern for FileURL.fromFilename, and not use generic URLMatch?  i mean,
>anything that is passed to fromFilename() and does not start with 'file:'
>scheme should be a local file path.  (otherwise why was it passed to
>fromFilename?)

fromFilename() is specifically intended to support URLs; that is, it is
intended that if you pass, say, 'pkgfile:peak.running/EventDriven.xml' to
'fromFilename()', then you should get a PkgFileURL, not a FileURL.

Unfortunately, so far as I can tell, I cannot both have conversion of file:
URL's to canonical form, and still have them interpreted correctly.  It
appears that I must abandon any attempt to "normalize" file: URLs, and
simply render them as they were supplied.  I will make changes to
accomplish this.  :(