[TransWarp] ZConfig and MS-like file paths

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Jul 15 09:38:24 EDT 2003

At 03:27 PM 7/15/03 +0300, Yaroslav Samchuk wrote:

>I was trying to use "file:e:/src/Test/App/app_config.xml". In this case I
>also have an InvalidName exception.

Interesting.  I don't get that error when I use a similarly constructed
(i.e. all forward slashes w/ file:drive: at the front) URL.

>Using "file:e:\\src\\Test\\App\\app_config.xml", I have IOError exception
>([2] File or directory not found '')

I found the problem.  It is in PEAK.  It's an issue with how file: URLs are
converted back to filenames.  I've checked in a fix.  You should now be
able to use the pattern "file:e:\src\Test\App\app_config.xml" to specify
such a file.

By the way, the "technically correct" way to specify such a URL is:

file:///e|/src/Test/App/app_config.xml

which is hideous, but will work with or without the fix.  Unfortunately, to
use it on the command line, you may have to escape the '|', leading to:

file:///e\|/src/Test/App/app_config.xml

Only I'm not sure whether you *can* escape the | symbol from a Windows
command prompt. Sigh.