[TransWarp] current status of twisted+PEAK sample app

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Thu Jul 10 09:25:53 EDT 2003

At 09:15 AM 7/10/03 -0400, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
>At 11:40 PM 7/9/03 -0700, Joel Boehland wrote:
>>Hi PEAK-sters,
>>I thought I'd send in what we have so far in creating a sample
>>PEAK+twisted sample app. We have the quick and simple app working, but
>>the cannonical zconfig enabled server isn't. I'm sure its just because I
>>don't understand ZConfig very well at all, so I'm hoping someone more
>>experienced will just be able to step in and see what is wrong fairly quickly.
>
>A few quick notes:
>
>* Your schema should have a datatype of peak.running.commands.EventDriven,
>not EchoRunner
>
>* Your EchoRunner sectiontype should *not* extend AdaptiveTask, as this
>makes it require a bunch of settings that EchoRunner doesn't need and
>won't accept.
>
>* I wouldn't use the '.zcml' extension on the ZConfig file; ZCML is a
>different configuration language.  This won't hurt the execution any, it's
>just going to confuse people.

Oh, and it helps to have the bugfix I just checked in, too.  :)

When I moved the locus of suggestParentComponent() occurrences from
__init__ to bindings, it seems to have broken the EventDriven class, which
was relying on __init__(components=[task...]) to tell the tasks their
parent component.  This is now fixed.