[PEAK] firebird support for peak

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Dec 30 16:03:18 EST 2003

At 02:05 PM 12/30/03 -0600, darryl wrote:
>Well golly gee. I never think much about licenses.

I've got to, as a matter of professional responsibility.  If I choose a
piece of software for use by the company I work for, it needs to be free of
legal encumbrance that might interfere with their business plans.  As a
practical matter, that eliminates "free as in compulsory" licenses.  :)

>Will you read it now?

Sure.  :)

>protocols.declareAdapter(
>     lambda url, proto: FirebirdConnection(address = url),
>     provides = [storage.ISQLConnection],
>     forTypes = [FirebirdURL],
>     )

Hm.  This bit doesn't seem like it should be necessary with the current
version of PEAK.  What happens if you leave it out?