[TransWarp] Small Patch for DataModel.py

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Jun 5 21:10:33 EDT 2002

At 10:55 PM 5/29/02 +0200, Holger Brückner wrote:
>Hello,
>
>playing around with ulrich to integrate our transaction manager into tw
>i found some typing errors in DataModel.py

Thanks.  Sorry it took me so long to get to this; I've been down with the
flu all last week.

>also it seams like del ensureRegistered might be called more than once
>with will result in an not very meaningfull "Record has no attribute
>ensureRegistered error". so i wrapped the del lines so that they first
>check if the attribute is in __dict__.

I've fixed the typos, but I'm curious about the del operations.  Are you
seeing problems in practice, or are you just concerned about this?  If I
recall the state machine correctly, it should *not* be possible for the del
to happen twice unless something is wrong with the behavior of the
RecordType or RecordManager objects.  I specifically did *not* check for
attribute existence because I wanted to be able to notice the errors.

So if you are seeing errors from this in practice, I'd like some more
detail so I can figure out what's wrong.  Thanks.