[TransWarp] Any objections to requiring 2.2 from here on out?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Sat Feb 2 09:48:41 EST 2002

At 09:38 AM 2/2/02 -0500, Dan Rolander wrote:
>Hi Phillip,
>
>I don't have any objections. In fact, I have been trying to figure out how
>to use TransWarp with Python 2.2. I'd like to try the examples in the
>tutorial, but I've had problems because the required Zope modules are linked
>to Python 2.1. I'm still a newbie at this, so any tips on getting it setup
>correctly would be appreciated.

The 'Interface' package from Zope is the only one you need if you're just
doing things from the tutorial.  If you need a version of 'kjbuckets' that
works with Python 2.2, see:

http://phd.pp.ru/Software/Python/#kjbuckets

To download an Interface package, I'd suggest going to:

http://cvs.zope.org/Packages/Interface

And then click on "Download tarball".  If you want a 2.2-enhanced Interface
package, pick "Zope-3X-branch" from the "Show only files with tag" dropdown
before clicking on "Download tarball".  Unpack the tarball in the
"site-packages" directory of your Python installation.  That should be all
you need from Zope.

If you want to run the TW test suite, it currently requires
ExtensionClasses.  The easiest way to get ExtensionClasses installed is to
install the StandaloneZODB package.  You can get it at:

http://www.zope.org/Products/StandaloneZODB

It will take a little more work to install, and if you're on Windows you'll
need a C compiler, either VC++ or Cygwin/MinGW32.